by Earth Composting Service
This Membership agreement (Agreement) Between by Earth
(50 Church St, Oneonta, NY; email@example.com 607-376-7663) and person and or business designated below.
1. Nature of Service
byEarth provides organic compostable waste (Waste) curb side pick up service (Service) following the plan chosen by member in specifically provided buckets (Bins) with byEarth identification mark (Logo). Food waste in any type of packaging won’t be accepted. Organic compostable waste includes:
- Food Processing Waste – along with the results of preparation of produce, grains, dairy, and meats for human consumption as well as skins, rinds, pulps, whey;
- Food Scraps – Includes food unfit for human consumption, unwanted cooking preparation/kitchen scraps and table scraps, including items such as vegetable trimmings, banana peels, apple cores, bones, egg shells, etc;
- Food Soiled Paper – Includes paper products that are not recyclable due to contact with food residues including napkins, paper towels, pizza boxes, uncoated paper plates, used coffee filters, etc; Dust and Hair collected without using any chemicals (vacuuming, sweeping).
byEarth does not accept waste (Unacceptable waste) from pets, animal feces, human feces, urine, dead animals, coated paper plates, compostable diapers, broken glass.
After a year of collecting Waste from Member an amount of ready to use compost, consisting of 6 months worth of waste relevant to the amount of waste Member discarded will be returned to Member. Amount of compost returned is on average 50% less than the amount of waste collected (due to natural causes; during the process of decomposition microorganisms eat up the waste, moisture evaporates).
2. Terms and Conditions
Member receives bin, when deposit of $10 USD is paid. Pick-up is performed on schedule listed on byEarth website: www.byearth.org, on company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/byEarth.org/ and emailed to the Member. Pick up is performed according the section “3. Type of plan”. Bins containing waste listed as unacceptable in section “1. Nature of Service” will be discarded at Member’s additional expense and a new bin deposit will be required. Frequency of service designated by type of a plan and special conditions listed in section 3 of Agreement.
Every six months ready to use compost is available to be returned to the member. In case of Member wishing to donate the compost, he or she will receive the receipt of the amount of the compost donated to designated party. Ready to use material is priced as average market value at the time of donation.
3. Type of Plan
Small Volume Special
Member, who generates small amount of Waste, is provided with 3.5 gallon bin after accepting deposit for $10 USD. This plan doesn’t include pick up service. Bin exchange has to be made during designated hours in specific place Saturday Farmers Market from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oneonta NY: May through October – Muller Plaza, Main Street, (205 Main Street); November through April: Main Street Walkway. Every drop off is $5 USD. No other charges are applied to this plan.
Every two weeks 4 gallon waste bin will be swapped with fresh bin by address listed in Agreement. Price for the service depends on the amount of bins picked up at the household.
- Quantity of bins: can be up to 8 each;
- Pick-up every two weeks;
- Total price per month varies depending on quantity of bins per pick up.
Member can exchange bin at Saturday Farmers Market from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oneonta NY: May through October – Muller Plaza, Main Street, (205 Main Street); November through April: Main Street Walkway. No charges or discounts apply.
Every week 5 gallon waste bin will be swapped with fresh bin by address listed in Agreement. Price for the service depends on the amount of bins picked up at the business.
- Quantity of bins designated by contract;
- Pick-up every week;
- Total price per month relevant to the quantity of bins.
4. Automatic payment agreement and pick-up address
Monthly payments for the membership shall occur on the 1st day of each month, unless Member is on “Small Volume Special” Plan, as marked in part 3 of the Agreement. Automatic monthly charge to the Member’s credit card/debit card/bank account will be made. byEarth reserves the right to review subscription periodically. Members will be given at least 30 days’ notice in email of any changes, which include: (i) any increase in membership fee, (ii) change in date of automatic withdrawal. In case payment information is listed incorrectly, Member will be informed and new payment information should be provided to continue the Service. No refunds will be made, if Member fails to put the bin outside for pick up in designated day and by the address provided to byEarth. Member shall inform byEarth 30 days prior of changing the address of pick up.
5. Termination and Suspension of Membership
byEarth reserves the right at any time to cancel or suspend the membership of any member in the event of the following:
- The member commits a breach of the Agreement.
- Where any payments are due to byEarth by the Member remain unpaid for 30 days after its due date for payment.
- The Member knowingly provides false details, when applying for the Service and the false declaration would have reasonably affected byEarth decision to grant the membership.
- If byEarth terminates for any reason, it reserves the right to retain any payments received to cover any reasonable costs they have incurred as a result.
- Member shall return bin after termination of the agreement, otherwise the deposit will not be refunded.